Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bikes, Trails, and Partys

I finally have some new pictures to blog about; so first:

It's been really cool to have my brother Carter and our friend Andy in town for ACL. They arrived on Thursday along with Andy's girlfriend Sydney; we all went to see Manu Chao play Stubb's that night, awesome show! There was quite possibly some drinking and/or dancing to be had afterward, this was also the case Friday night. Last night my brother crashed early (midnight, wasted) so me and Andy donned bikes and took to the streets, went to Hole in the Wall and Beauty Bar. The fest sounds really fun, I wish I had gone Friday. So now to the pictures, I had heard the grand tale of 'a sea of bikes', 'thousands', so naturally I had to check it out, here is what I saw at ~2pm Sunday:






Also on that outing I rode the pedestrian trail under 5th/Mopac for the first time in the day, I first rode it a few nights ago; it's actualy pretty cool, although dark at night and just a little sketchy I like it:





And finally, tonight I attended a lovely party hosted by Anne Elizabeth Wynn in her beautiful backyard, much thanks to her for a great evening and all she does for First Night Austin and the Austin art scene! Blue Lapis Light brought areal nets, silks, and a 75ft. zip-line to the party:

No comments: