Monday, October 27, 2008

Another New Work Toy

(I wrote this about a month ago and must have forgot to hit publish, opps. Funny as since then I actual have acquired a 'real' messenger bag... but it's ok, it's being custom made buy a bad ass (climbing!) company that few will know)

As part of my job I often carry files back and forth between my office and another one downtown. Seeing as how I hate walking (its just so damn slow) and I ride my bike to work everyday, its natural that I would rather RIDE back and forth. So I asked Norm, the dude who hooks us up with office supplies, if I could get a messenger type bag to carry files around with; low and behold he reached under his desk and pulled out this, still in the package!



Hells ya Norm!

Now you can tell by the cushy fat handle and the weak ass candy strap that despite the product name on the label "messenger bag" that this is not a bag a messenger would carry. But, you know what... I'm going to use it to carry files on my bike for work! How many people can say that about there messenger bags, huh!?! Do they carry important files in them, do they use them for work, do they even use them on a bike?!

Well I'll tell you what, my new bag may not have retro neon colors or a seatbelt buckle, hell it's not even mine, but I'm damn proud to carry that bag!

Another way Travis County supports commuting by bike. Good on ya TC!

No comments: